Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's The Opposite of "UPdate"? DOWNdate?

I hear songs all the time about life being compared to a roller coaster - it goes up, and it comes down, then it goes up again, then comes down again....
Though, there must be other things in life that go up and down, too. Maybe I'll write a song about life being compared to a yoyo... or a lava lamp! =)

Anywho, here are the recent ups and downs:
UP - I got a job! But you already knew that.
DOWN - 2 months into the job, I got laid off. =(
UP - I got rehired by the same guy who laid me off. (Talk about irony.) Though it's mostly contract work and not real in-office hours.
DOWN - My mom's best friend's granddaughter has been having major stomach problems and the doctors haven't been able to figure it out. That effects me, because we're really close with them and sometimes watch this girl.
UP - My grandparents just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and had a big, cute party. And my grandmother flew my brother in so that he could attend. Talk about MAJOR surprises!
DOWN - My gay uncle thinks that we hate him and his partner and wasn't the most civil with us at the party. Oh, and he was the MC.
UP - I got two other freelance jobs to bring in a little income. =)
DOWN - While I was looking for new work, I had an interview for a secretarial position. Still haven't heard back from them. It's been two weeks. =\
UP - My family's going down to Miami, Florida for about a week and a half!
DOWN - One of my closest friends lives in Daytona. About 4 hours away. Don't think we'll get to see each other. =(
UP - More of my friends are getting engaged and married!
DOWN - I don't know if I have the money to fly out for their weddings. =(
UP - While working at my first job I made a little over $1000!
DOWN - Had to spend a lot of it on new clothes so that I look professional in the workplace. =|
UP - My sister's out of school on Spring break, so she's home to help out more. Not that she really does, but it doesn't all fall on me now. =)
DOWN - I had to send my computer away to the Geek Squad to be checked out 'cause it was giving me issues.

Other than that.... I really can't think of anything new or interesting in my life. I'm SO boring! lol
So... yoyo? lava lamp? bungee chord? What's YOUR life like?

No comments:

Post a Comment